Getting Started

An Orchid (ink, watercolor)
My hand (colored charcoal pencil, watercolor)

























One of our exercises was to draw something that we see near us. First i drew an orchid and then my own hand. I had to use ink at least for the other one. The point was to draw without thinking about the end result. It was quite difficult not to judge your own work and actually I did. Still i managed to show my sketches to my students. I think that it's important to show them that it's ok to draw things that dont look perfect, and that's why I've shown them or at least someone all of my sketches in my sketchbook from that day on. With this exercise we also used watercolored backrounds that we had made earlier to avoid the fear of the white paper. I think it made drawing a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment