Almost Like Christmas

Autumn White Poinsettia (colored charcoal pencil)

My sister came to visit me and brought me a Christmas plant. Well, she told me that it was an autumn plant although I'm still suspicious. Nevertheless it was a great thing for me to draw. I can be a bit lazy sometimes so it's good for me to practice drawing with things that have a lot of similar shapes. It can be hard and boring to draw the same thing all over again and I can sometimes cheat with the details. This time I tried to concentrate on all the shapes, lines and shades I saw. After drawing the plant I had no energy to use for the background so I just made this quick version. I used colored charcoal pencil for this one and had to draw some parts again because of the smudging. During the process I also got a nice color on my hand to go with the sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment