Laa-Laa and Tinky Winky

Last weekend I was visiting at my parents' house and couldn't resist this view. There really was two Teletubbies sitting on a pink chair in the living room. Everything else looked brown so these two cuties were a refreshing and a bit surprising sight. There are always grandchildren visiting my parents, so I guess toys just have to be ready for action at all times.

The situation was also interesting, because I was in a hurry and my aunt was looking closely over my shoulder the whole time. She also commented my work while I was doing it. Luckily the feedback was positive so I didn't feel crushed. Drawing and painting can be scary enough without anybody watching. There's something I have to remember as a teacher.

I drew this sketch with a ballpoint pen, so there might be some oddities with the proportions. I knew from the start that I wanted to use colors with this work because of the bright Teletubbies, and couldn't wait to get to the coloring part.
I've noticed that I love watercolors. Actually, I think I have to go paint something now...

Interior Design at It's Best (ballpoint pen, watercolor)

No comments:

Post a Comment