Pencils and Prejudice

Lemons and Oranges(colored pencils, black fine liner)
I have never been a big fan of colored pencils, because I like to use a lot of color and with colored pencils the result is often a bit dull. One day I decided that I don't want to be so prejudiced and as a teacher I want to encourage my students to try out as many different techniques as possible. In order to do so I had to get to know these pencils better myself. That is why I ended up ordering a nice, brand new package of colored pencils.

I happened to have some fruits in a basket and chose to draw those. I think this sketch took me for about 20-30 minutes. The colors seem a bit dirty because I didn't want to stop coloring when I should have. I noticed that I can create powerful colors with colored pencils if I want to. Maybe it was about time to give these pencils a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment